Wing it Wednesday...Wing Back Chair that is!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

As promised, I have finished the wing back chair and am ready to reveal her!!  But...let start with the before one more time!
Wow, that's all I can say!
Ok, before I reveal the whole chair, cause what fun would that be...hee hee!!  Here's a few pics of the process!
 Don't mind the messy garage in the background...
 or our furry friend!!
 So at this point I have the seat and the inside of the wings finished, so now I'm cutting my fabric to fit around my cardboard form.
 I have to cut a bunch of slits so it will feet around the curves.  Next came the inside of the arms, then the outside.  After they were completed I cut my foam, dacron and fabric for the back rest and then it was on to the back..ugh!!  They look way easier then they are!  All the scary teeth and metal things with nails...YIKES!!  But alas, I got it done...Yeah Me!!! :-)
And now for the big reveal...drum roll plz!!


 



I also painted the legs a creamy white and distressed them a bit!! 

Whatd'ya think?

2 comments:

Danielle Nelson said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE THIS so much! I have a similar chair I would love to re-do

Alli @ Trina Rose Boutique said...

Thanks Danielle...What a difference it makes huh!!

Post a Comment