Pallet Sign!

Monday, October 3, 2011

We had an old pallet laying around so I thought I'd put it to good use!  My wonderful hubs cut the nails for me so that we didn't damage the boards and I think it looks neat to have the nail heads still in the boards too!!

I decided to paint them white and then sand some back off, I stenciled the quote with black paint and then sanded again to give it that aged looked.  I used both the light and dark wax from ASCP to add that worn-in look!!  Lastly I spray painted some brackets black to hold the whole thing together.








I love this quote; "It's not about surviving the storm but dancing in the rain"  So true!!

4 comments:

Opendoor Studio said...

love it! what a great use of an old pallet. I see them around and am always thinking about ways to repurpose them! thanks for sharing!
martha

Alli @ Trina Rose Boutique said...

Thanks Martha!! I got 5 more pallets yesterday so more signs on their way...Yeah!!!

sara elizabeth said...

plz submit your coupon at http://etsycouponcode.com to get max exposure and increase sale chances!

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

I just pinned this AND shared it on my FB page! Those brackets on the front of the sign are awesome:)

Post a Comment