Halloween decor with the kiddo!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ok, so I haven't posted in a few days because I have been very busy around here!!  I'm still in the middle of reupholstering a wing back chair that I'll reveal hopefully tomorrow or perhaps Thursday, we shall see!!! Also my son and I have been making a few Halloween decorations.

Here's the before picture of the chair...
Blah, Blah and U-G-L-Y!!!!  Just wait till you see her in her new glory!! :-)

And now for the wonderfully spooky Halloween decor...



We painted some old pallet boards white and then sanded some back off, then I used the carbon paper method to transfer my image onto the boards.  Next we used a paint marker to outline the image and then filled in with black and orange paint!!  Lastly added a few spider webs for good measure!

Our other project is a crow's nest wreath...



This was really fun to make!!  I picked up the twig wreath from the craft store and wrapped some burlap around and hot glued in place.  Then I took our crow friend (we named him Igor!!) and used some wire to hold him in place, then got out the trusty glue gun again and glued the nest around him.  The Happy Halloween came from a $.99 kids craft that we painted and wired on as well.  Once again it wouldn't be complete with out some spider webs right!!!

Since we have lots of spider webs left Carter thinks we should cover our entire door and entry but I not so sure...we'll have to see!!

Hope you enjoyed! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment